PALS Provider Blended Learning Course
Course Description: This course is a combination of eLearning, in which you the student completes part of the course through watching the information videos and completing e-simulations. You will also need to successfully complete the written exam with an 84%. The second part of the course is completed on the date registered for the hands on skills and team case review simulation portion.
We will also provide all students with a BLS for Healthcare Providers card. BLS for healthcare providers is focused on the skill of CPR for victims of all ages and will practice CPR in a team setting. You will learn how to use an AED as how to relieve choking. You will be tested on Adult, Infant and Child CPR/AED, Bag-mask ventilation. You will also need to successfully complete the open-book written BLS exam with a minimum score of 84%.
Location: Colket Translational Research Building (CTRB), 10th Floor, Room 10040
The course consists of two parts:
Part 1: A self-directed computer module online Heartcode
- You will be sent an online heartcode key, which will give you access to the online learning module. The email will be from https://elearning.heart.org/
- You will be compensated 4 hours for completing the online learning module. The online module can be completed at your own pace and can be on your own schedule.
- You will be paid for the 4 hours, please communicate with your supervisor if these 4 hours will be included in your status or will be over status. For example if you are an employee scheduled 36 hours a week, will you work 36 clinical hours and be paid 4 hours for non-clinical module time or if you normally work 36 hours a week clinically, you will work 32 hours clinically and have 4 hours of non-clinical time for the module.
The online component must be completed proper to your scheduled in class skill session.
Part 2: An in class skill stations practice portion, which you will rotate through multiple skills stations.
- Airway management and ventilation
- Vascular access (Push pull, Epi administration, IO access)
- Rhythm Disturbances, Electrical Therapy and Code Cart Review